Vision statement of the parent Progressive Education Society, Shivajinagar, Pune 5 is imbibed in the Sanskrit statement, transliterated as
It is inscribed at the top of the logo which is given below
- The letters P.E.S. i.e. Progressive Education Society (the Parent Body) are inscribed in the Centre. The vision is to remain ‘Progressive’ and ‘Modern’, hence all institution run by the Progressive Education Society have a prefix ‘Modern’ such as in, Modern Law College, Modern High School, etc.
- At the foot of the logo is ‘EXCELSIOR’, an expression of incessant aspirations of higher attainment.
The objectives of the College:
Progressive Eduaction Society’s Modern Law College, is founded on the maxims of ‘Ignoranti Juris neminem excusat’ and ‘ Lex facit Regem’. The Legal System in our country is based on the principle ‘Ignorantia Juris neminem excusat’ (Ignorance of Law Excuses no one), which is the presumption that all the citizens should be acquainted with law and are expected to follow the same, in its letter and spirit.
One of the reasons for the above principle, besides social obligations is depicted in the vision statement of the PES MLC. The strength of legal education is also found in the maxim ‘Lex facit Rege m’ (law makes the King) If the law is stronger than the king himself, the significance of law and legal education in the life of a common man is of utmost importance.
Thus, we can see that, Progressive Education Society established Modern Law College, Pune with a vision to provide quality based legal education.
Mission statement of the College is:
“To create multidisciplinary best citizens
to suit the local, national and international needs,
having legal temperament, moral, ethical values and
multifaceted proactive personality,
by providing excellent education”.
Vision Statement of the College :
“To develop Legal, Logical and Ethical Youth for the benefit of the Society”
This is communicated to the students, teachers, staff and other stakeholders:
- Through Principal’s Address at the commencement of the academic year
- Through college prospectus, publications and important documents of the college, parent institute and College website.
- By displaying the ‘Mission Statement’ at prominent place in the college premises.
- Formally in classes and during staff meetings.
- Informal counseling during academic sessions and personal interactions with students and staff.
- Through parent meetings and functions, activities arranged in college from time to time