Master of Law is a Post-Graduation course of Savitribai Phule Pune University. The credit system to be implemented through this curriculum, woul allow students to develop a strong footing in the fundamentals and specialize in the disciplines of his/her liking and abilities. The students pursuing this course would have to develop in depth understanding of various aspects of the subject.
The candidate should have completed B.A.LL.B. /LL.B. (Bachelor Degree of Law).
Admissions will be given as per the selection procedure / policies adopted by the respective Modern Law College, in accordance with conditions laid down by th Savitribai Phule Pune University. Reservation and relaxation will be as per the university rules.
Instructions for the Students:
The students seeking admission to Master of Laws course is hereby informed that they are supposed to adhere to the following rules:
- A minimum of 75 % attendance for lectures / practical s the pre-requisite for grant of term.
- The students are supposed to attend all the Internal Assessment Activities, Workshops / Seminars / Training Programme / symposia/ study tour organized by the P. G. Department/college.
- The Internal and External examinations will have equal weightage of 50% each.
- A Student has to obtain 50% marks in both examinations of Internal and External with minimum passing of 40% in both of these examinations separately.
- A student cannot register for third semester, if he/she fails to complete any 6 papers consisting of 24 credits, out of total 8 papers of first and second semester consisting of 32 credits in total.
- The external examination answer papers shall be evaluated by Central Assessment Programme.
- There shall be a revaluation of the answer scripts of External nation but not of Internal Assessment as per Ordinance No. 134A & B.
- While marks are given for all internal and external examinations for a maximum number of 50 each, they will be converted into grades by University. Semester end grade sheets will have only grades & final grade sheet and transcripts shall have grade points average and total percentage of marks. The fina grade sheets will also indicate the P.G. Center to which the candidate belongs.
- Internal marks remain unchanged and internal assessment cannot be repeated. If a student remain absent during internal assessment examination, he/she will have second chance with the permission of the competent authority. It will be under the discretion of the competent authority and internal departmental assessment committee. In case he/she wants to repeat Internal, he/she can do so only by registering for the said courses.
A. External Examination
- External Examination for the 50% marks will be conducted by the Savitribai Phule Pune University.
- The External examination programme will be scheduled as per the notifications and guidelines issued by the Examination section of Savitribai Phule Pune University.
B. Internal Examination
Internal assessment for each course would be continuous and dates for each tutorials/practical tests etc. will be pre-notified in the time table for teaching or placed separately as a part of time table. The P. G. Department / College Internal Assessment Committee will coordinate this activity.
It is a continuous evaluation process. The Internal marks will be evaluated on the basis of the following i.e. attendance, punctuality, practical skills, and oral skills etc., Assessment of internal work will be conducted before conducting External examination.Longish Term Paper will be evaluated by the examiners the same college and the dissertation will be evaluated by one internal and one external examiner.
|Year Semester||Number of Credits* for each paper||Internal Marks||External Marks||Total Marks|
|LL.M. –I (Semester –I)||04||(50%)||(50%)||100|
|LL.M. –I (Semester –II)||04||(50%)||(50%)||100|
|LL.M. –I (Semester –III)||04||(50%)||(50%)||100|
|LL.M. –I (Semester –IV)||04||(50%)||(50%)||100|
* 1 Credit is equivalent to 25 Marks.
Distribution of marks:
The Each semester shall consists of four papers; a student has to submit two Longish Term Paper on any two subjects of his/her choice, out of which one Longish Term Paper. The student not opting for LTP in a subject has to opt Seminar paper in that subject.
|Sr. No.||Method of Evaluation per Subject||Total Marks|
|A||Internal Assessment||50 Marks|
|1||Longish Term Paper (L.T.P)/Seminar Paper||15 Marks|
|4||Group Discussion / Open Book Test/ Library Research Work/ Extension Work||5 Marks|
|5||Two Written Test in each subject||20 Marks|
|B||External Assessment||50 Marks|
|TOTAL MARKS||100 ( 4 Credits)|