Modern Law College, Library Library journals and periodicals section
Library text book section Reading Room
The Objective of the college
Progressive Eduaction Society’s Modern Law College, is founded on the maxims of ‘Ignoranti Juris neminem excusat’ and ‘ Lex facit Regem’. The Legal System in our country is based on the principle ‘Ignorantia Juris neminem excusat’ (Ignorance of Law Excuses no one), which is the presumption that all the citizens should be acquainted with law and are expected to follow the same, in its letter and spirit.
One of the reasons for the above principle, besides social obligations is depicted in the vision statement of the PES MLC. The strength of legal education is also found in the maxim ‘Lex facit Rege m’ (law makes the King) If the law is stronger than the king himself, the significance of law and legal education in the life of a common man is of utmost importance.
Thus, we can see that, Progressive Education Society established Modern Law College, Pune with a vision to provide quality based legal education.
Vision of the Library
To be a knowledge hub providing efficient services.
Mission of the Library
To expand the digital library collection.
To increase usage of e-resources.
To promote reading habits of students.
To be a center for e-learning.
To be a knowledge center, enhance skill sets and foster research culture.
Library Timing 09.00 am to 5.00 pm.
Exam timing 8.00 am to 8.00 pm.
Closed on Sundays and Public Holidays
Cyber Zone Timing
Diploma’s Student 8.00 am to 10.00 am
B.A.LLB Students 10.00 am to 12.00 pm
LLB Students 12.00 pm to 02.00 pm
LLM Students 02.00 pm to 04.00 pm
Computers in Library
Computers are placed in the library for using OPAC and accessing the resources for academic and research work. Using library computers for emailing is strictly prohibited.
Circulation Section and Borrowing Privileges
- Circulation Section handles the Front Desk operations of the library and is very important as it is the prime contact point for the users to the library.
- For Efficient functioning Circulation Desk leaves a lasting impression on the user and hence it is very important section of the library.
Major Activities of the Section are:
- Issue and returns of reading materials (Primarily Books)
- Attending the Users’ query for effective interpretation of library rules and regulations
- Registration of new Library Members
- Inter Library Loan Services
- Operation of “Circulation Module” of vriddhi Software.
- Maintenance and updating of all data related to users at Circulation desk
- Correspondence / No Dues issuing
- Library Orientations/Information Literacy
- Assisting the users to access OPAC
Rules for Membership
- All the users need to be members of the library to avail the facility.
- For library membership, students should produce the fee receipt of the current year against which they will be given a library card and borrower card to avail the library book borrowing facility.
- Staff members should fill up the Library borrower register for using the library facility.
- Visiting faculties can have temporary membership of the library.
- The borrower’s card remains valid for the period indicated on it, and the same can be renewed every academic year.
- Users are requested to issue the books from the library as per the rules only.
- Late fine is charged for Late Return of the books.
Photocopy and Printing Facility:
Students can avail photocopy and printing facility @ 1/- Rs. per page.
2) Ms. Shivanjali Bhoite
3) Mr. Vikas Kokate
4) Mr. Prakash Jadhav