The Objectives of the College:
The Progressive Education Society’s, Modern Law College, Pune, 16 is based on two Latin Maxims “LexfacitRegem”, which stands for supremacy of law even over the king. The
importance of law in the life of common man is such that even the framers of the law are not above the law for the time being in force. Further maxim “Ignorantialegisneminemexcusat”,
in the simple parlance means ignorance of law is no excuse. The legal system in our country is based on the principle and presumption that all the citizens are aware of law and expected
to follow the same, in its letter and spirit. If the law is stronger than the king himself and the importance of law is such that every citizen is expected to know it, the importance of legal
education for every person is beyond imagination.
Vision of the Library:
- To be a knowledge hub providing efficient services.
Mission of the Library:
- To expand the digital library collection.
- To increase usage of e-resources.
- To promote reading habits of students.
- To be a center for e-learning.
- To be a knowledge center, enhance skill sets and foster research culture.
The library has a good collection of reporter both local and National. They as used as reference material by the students. Some of the prominent Law reporter subscribed by the College is:
- Total Collection: 7,556
- No. of Text Books: 5,296
- No. of Reference Books: 809
- No. of Donated Books: 1,451
Current Journals & Reports: 42
- Indian Journal: 39
- International Journal: 03
E-information resources (Online Legal Databases): 7
- N-List Database
- CDJ Law Journal (Digital Judgments)
- AIR Web World (Qty-3)
- AIR Supreme Court (Qty-4)
- AIR High Court (Qty-4)
- Criminal Law Journal (Qty-4)
- AIR Privy Council (Qty-4)
Library Newspapers: 11
Question Papers (Previous Exam): 250
University question papers for student’s reference
- Books Publisher: 02
- Ph. D. Thesis: 02
- Research Publications (All Faculty Members): 119
- Dissertations: 122
- College Publications: 60
Library Timing : (Working Hours)
Library Timing: 09.00 am to 5.00 pm.
Exam timing: 8.00 am to 8.00 pm.
Closed on Sundays and Public Holidays
Cyber Zone Timing
Diploma’s Student : 8.00 am to 10.00 am
B.A.LLB Students : 10.00 am to 12.00 pm
LLB Students : 12.00 pm to 02.00 pm
LLM Students : 02.00 pm to 04.00 pm
Circulation Section and Borrowing Privileges
Circulation Section handles the Front Desk operations of the library and is very important as it is the prime contact point for the users to the library.
For Efficient functioning Circulation Desk leaves a lasting impression on the user and hence it is very important section of the library.
Major Activities of the Section are:
- Issue and returns of reading materials (Primarily Books)
- Attending the Users’ query for effective interpretation of library rules and regulations
- Registration of new Library Members
- Inter Library Loan Services
- Operation of “Circulation Module” of vriddhi Software.
- Maintenance and updating of all data related to users at Circulation desk
- Correspondence / No Dues issuing
- Library Orientations/Information Literacy
- Assisting the users to access OPAC
Category of Membership and Loan Period:
|Sr.No.||Category||No of Books||Loan Period|
|1||LLM Students||2||7 days|
|2||LLB Students||1||7 days|
|3||B.A.LLB Students||1||7 days|
|9||Visiting Faculty||2||One Semester|
|10||NON-Teaching Staff||5||One Month|
Rules for Membership
- All the users need to be members of the library to avail the facility.
- For library membership, students should produce the fee receipt of the current year against which they will be given a library card and borrower card to avail the library book borrowing facility.
- Staff members should fill up the Library borrower register for using the library facility.
- Visiting faculties can have temporary membership of the library.
- The borrower’s card remains valid for the period indicated on it, and the same can be renewed every academic year.
- Users are requested to issue the books from the library as per the rules only.
- Late fine is charged for Late Return of the books.
- Photocopy and Printing Facility:
Students can avail photocopy and printing facility @ 1/- Rs. per page.
- Computers in Library
Computers are placed in the library for using OPAC and accessing the resources for academic and research work. Using library computers for emailing is strictly prohibited.
Collaboration with other Libraries :
1) Jaykar Library, Savitribai Phule Pune University
2) Modern Arts, Commerce & Science College, Ganeshkhind Pune
3) Modern Arts, Commerce & Science College, Shivaji Nagar, Pune
- Dr. (Mrs.) Sunita Mane
- Ms. Shivanjali Bhoite
- Mr. Vikas Kokate
- Mr. Prakash Jadhav