Progressive Education Society’s
Modern Law College
ONLINE CERTIFICATE COURSE IN INSURANCE LAW
Modern Law College, Ganeshkhind Pune is offering a one-month Certificate Course in “Insurance Laws”. The Certificate Course aims to develop the skills, which are required to deal with the legal and practical aspects related to regulation of Insurance regime in India. The program aims to provide practical knowledge pertaining to Insurance field and various requirements under diverse statutes.
OBJECTIVES OF THE COURSE:
- To familiarize students with the fundamental principles of insurance law.
- To provide a sector-specific analysis of India’s various insurance laws.
- To provide students with a good grasp of the practical circumstances that diverse stakeholders in the Indian insurance system experience in their professional lives.
- To give knowledge of current insurance legislation developments in India
This course is divided into six modules and covers various laws that regulate the Indian insurance system. This course will cover all of the major components of the insurer-insured relationship in various types of insurance contracts. The course has been created to provide students with a step-by-step approach to dealing with various insurance-related concerns in India.
The course coordinator has taken special care to make the course modules more accessible to students who do not have a legal background.
This certificate programme entails in-depth study of general insurance, life insurance, fire insurance, and other related laws. This course will not only give students a fundamental understanding of Indian insurance legislation, but it will also give them an in-depth look at the insurance-related compliance requirements using appropriate illustrations and judicial decisions.
- INTRODUCTION & GENERAL PRINCIPLES OF INSURANCE
- INSURANCE DOCUMENTS
- FIRE INSURANCE
- MOTOR INSURANCE
- LIFE & HEALTH INSURANCE
- LEGISLATIVE AND REGULATORY FRAMEWORK
This certificate course will be conducted for 30 Hrs
|Date of Enrolment||Duration of Course||Date of Examination|
Rs.500 (Non Refundable),
Mode of Payment- Online Transfer
Adv.Kalyani Deshmukh-Practicing In Insurance Laws(MACT),5 years
Adv.Anjali Naik- Practicing in Insurance Laws
Adv.Shubham Thakur Bajaj Allianz(Insurance Dept)
MODE OF DELIVERY
Course would be conducted through online mode on Zoom App
Applicants must have qualified 10+2 from a recognised board/University.
EXAMINATION/AWARD OF CERTIFICATE/ADMINISTRATION:
Examination will be conducted after the completion of the course via online mode (Multiple choice questions on Google Form))
Candidates who attend complete course & pass the examination will be awarded a Certificate by Modern Law College, Pune.
1. INTRODUCTION & GENERAL PRINCIPLES OF INSURANCE
- Development & Growth of Insurance in India
- Definition, Nature and Significance of Insurance.
- Principles of Insurance
- Classification of Insurance
- Contract of Insurance.
- Risk & Risk Handling
2. INSURANCE DOCUMENTS
- Proposal Forms.
- Policy Forms.
- Cover Notes.
- Certificate of Insurance.
- Renewal Notice.
- Other Insurance Documents
- FIRE INSURANCE
- The Standard Fire & Special Perils Policy.
- Fire Hazard & Fire prevention
- Claims Legal Aspects
4. MOTOR INSURANCE
- Motor Vehicles Act, 1988
- Personal Accident Cover for Owner-Driver
- Theft Claims
5. LIFE & HEALTH INSURANCE
- Kinds of Life Insurance-Whole life Policy, Endowment Policy, Term Policy
- Free Look Period Provisions
- Health Insurance Products in India
- Health Insurance Claims Management
6 .LEGISLATIVE AND REGULATORY FRAMEWORK
- Insurance Act, 1938.
- The Insurance (Amendment) Act, 2002.
- General Insurance Business (Nationalisation) Amendment Act, 2002.
- I.R.D.A. Regulations, 2002
1) ATI -Syllabus – General Insurance. (2021). Retrieved 25 November 2021, from https://www.irdai.gov.in/ADMINCMS/cms/frmGeneral_Layout.aspx?page=PageNo173&flag=1
1)R.N Choudhary’s ,General Principles of Law of Insurane,Central Law Publications