“It is not a matter of job or race or height,
Everyone deserves to be treated well and right.”
When women and men have equal rights and opportunities in all spheres of society, including economic participation and decision-making, and when the various behaviors, goals, and needs of women and men are respected and favored equally, gender equality has been accomplished.
The Gender Equality Cell is established in 2022-23 with the following objectives –
- To eradicate deeply ingrained gender-bias and gender-insensitive attitudes.
- To raise awareness of the necessity of gender equality.
- To promote gender amity among all the college students and staff.
- To instill positive self-esteem and confidence in both genders.
Roles and Responsibilities –
- To examine all grievance letters received from the women staff/students regarding the sexual harassment.
- To examine and investigate on each complaint received from the women staff/ students by collecting the required information from connected people.
- To give feedback to the women staff/students concerned/ to find solution for their grievances.
- The committee will record such grievances received from the women staff/ students in a separate register maintained exclusively for this purpose. The replay given by the committee to the women staff/students for grievance should also be recorded in the register.
- The committee should find suitable solution to settle the problems faced by the women staff/students in regard to matters relating to sexual harassment within 10 days after thorough investigation.
Composition of the Cell-
|Dr. Ananya Bibave
|Asst. Prof. Neelam Dighe
|Asst. Prof. Prajakta Bhagwat
|Asst. Prof. Chinmay Shete
|Asst. Prof. Akshay Kabra
Activities carried under the Cell-
- Gender Champion-Online Blog Writing.
- Certificate Course in Understanding Women, power & politics.
- Guest lecture on Understanding the gender perspective.
- To spread the importance and ways for women empowerment and gender equality various talks, workshops and events will be organized. These programmes will also provide a platform to female students to understand their unexplored skills and talents.
- To start a short term course on gender and law with the objective of increasing awareness about myths and taboos.