Modern Law College, Pune is the recognized centre to conduct examination organized by the SPPU. To maintain discipline, strictness and to create conducive atmosphere for the examination, examination committee is required to be constituted as per rule of SPPU. Hence, to fulfil these objectives, the Institute has formed examination committee for the smooth functioning of the examination.
Powers and Duties of Examinations Committee-
The Examination Committee is under an obligation to conduct every examination as per the schedule, rules and regulations declared by the SPPU.
1) To ensure proper organization of examinations and tests of the university, including moderation, tabulation, evaluation and timely declaration of results.
2) To arrange for strict vigilance during the conduct of examinations so as to avoid use of unfair means by the students, teachers, invigilators, supervisors, etc.;
3) To devise policy, mechanism and operational strategies to do the tasks relating to assessment of performance of students efficiently and in a time bound manner;
4) To ensure that the assessment of answer books for award of degrees, diplomas or certificates shall be done centrally through central assessment sys- tem by following system of masking and de-masking of answer books or any other alternative system for ensuring the objective of secrecy;
5) To undertake examination and evaluation reforms in order to make examination and evaluation system more efficient;
6) To hear and decide the complaints relating to conduct of examinations and evaluation;
7) To exercise such other powers in relation to examinations and evaluation as may be assigned to it by or under this Act.