In order to ensure due compliance of the orders of reservation issued from time to time in favour of Other Backward Class and to ensure prompt disposal of the Grievances of the employees of OBC Category, this OBC Cell has been established.
- To implement, monitor and evaluate continuously the reservation policy in University and plan measures for ensuring effective implementation of the policy and programmes of the Government of India and UGC.
- To educate, enlighten and empower the students and staff of OBC categories in the university to make use of the facilities extended by the Govt. and other agencies for their educational & occupational career.
- To collect data regarding the implementation of the policies in respect of admissions, appointments to teaching and non-teaching positions in the universities and analyze the data showing the trends and changes towards fulfilling the required quota.
|1||Dr. Ananya Bibave I/C Principal, Modern Law College||Chairman|
|2||Asst. Prof. Prajakta Pimpalshende Teaching Faculty||Member|
|3||Mr. Dhiraj Kothmire Non Teaching Staff||Member|
|4||Mr. Kishor Thombre Non Teaching Staff||Member|
|5||Mr. Rutuja Mandale Student Representative||Member|
- To circulate the orders and other circulars issued by the University/ Government of India and UGC (University Grant Commission) and to collect regularly, on an annual basis, information regarding course-wise admission of candidates belonging to the Other Backward Classes in the University in prescribed form within the stipulated date, and to take follow-up action, wherever required
- To circulate the orders and other circulars issued by Government of India and University Grants Commission’s decisions in respect of appointment and promotion for teaching and non-teaching posts in the University in suitable forms by a stipulated date and take follow up action wherever required.
- To collect reports, orders and information issued by Government of India and the UGC on the various aspects of Education, Training and Employment of other Backward Classes candidates for evolving new Policies or modifying existing policies.
- To analyses information so collected and prepare reports and digests for onward transaction to the Ministry of Human Resource Development, Govt. of India, University Grant Commission and such other authorities as may be required.
- To monitor the working of the remedial Coaching Scheme in the University for OBC students, including Minorities students.
- To co-ordinate through university with Govt. (State & Central), UGC and such other organizations to get Scholarship/freeship/other financial benefits for OBC & minority students.
- To deal with representations received from Other Backward Classes (OBC) and Minorities Candidates regarding their admission, Scholarships, Recruitment, Promotion and other similar matters in the University.
- To maintain a database of candidates belonging to OBC.
- Any other works assigned by the University from time to promote higher education among OBC students and staff.
- The OBC Cell will exclusively look after the work related to the OBC.
- To ensure provisions for an environment where all such students feel safe and secure.
- To provide prompt counselling for any emotional emergencies arising on account of any events at the campus.