Objectives of the Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC)
The primary aim of IQAC is to develop a system for conscious, consistent and catalytic action to
improve the academic and administrative performance of the institution. It also promotes the
measures for institutional functioning towards quality enhancement through internalization of
quality culture and institutionalization of best practices.
IQAC evolve mechanisms and procedures for:
- Ensuring timely, efficient and progressive performance of academic, administrative and financial tasks
- The relevance and quality of academic and research programmes
- Equitable access to and affordability of academic programmes for various sections of society
- Optimization and integration of modern methods of teaching and learning
- The credibility of evaluation procedures
- Ensuring the adequacy, maintenance and functioning of the support structure and services
- Research sharing and networking with other institutions in India and abroad
Some of the functions of the IQAC are:
- Development and application of quality benchmarks/parameters for various academic and administrative activities of the institution
- Facilitating the creation of a learner-centric environment conducive to quality education and faculty maturation to adopt the required knowledge and technology for participatory teaching and learning process
- Arrangement for feedback response from students, parents and other stakeholders on quality-related institutional processes
- Organization of inter and intra institutional workshops, seminars on quality related themes and promotion of quality circles
- Acting as a nodal agency of the Institution for coordinating quality-related activities.
- Development of Quality Culture in the institution
- Periodical conduct of Academic and Administrative Audit (AAA) and its follow-up.
- Preparation of the Annual Quality Assurance Report (AQAR) as per guidelines and parameters of NAAC, to be submitted to NAAC