About the Library
Library is an integral part of Modern Law College’s culture. It has become the lively hub where students spend a considerable amount of time every day. All of the collections had been meticulously planned from the beginning. A student can find everything from textbooks and reference materials to journals, and legal magazines at the library.
Modern Law College is popular for its legal literature in addition to infrastructure, teaching, and research excellence. The library shares equal responsibility in making MLC an excellent law college. The library fosters the pursuit of academic excellence. The vision of the library is to be a knowledge hub providing efficient services.
It spreads over ground floors with a seating capacity for 120 readers at a time. The library has a vast collection of more than 10,000 volumes of books, law reports and has subscribed 42 print journals, newspapers, reference books, and e-books. Modern Law College library has huge resources in the field of law and other allied subjects such as Management, Sociology, Research Methodology, Science and Technology, History, Economics, Political Science, and English Literature.
The library occupies the largest wing in the college building. It provides sufficient space for physical and digital access to library resources. It provides a comfortable, inviting facility for users. The library is fully Wi-Fi enabled to create an ambiance conducive to productive reading and research. It offers an environment that supports creativity, flexibility, and collaboration. The Library operations are automated with the help of Library and Information Management Software, the Online Public Access Catalogue (OPAC) which enables library users to search for the book database through title, author and publication etc.
The library has enough space for reading, research, reference, and interaction. It has separate ‘discussion rooms’ that are made available for group discussions.
Library provides extensive e-resources access to its patrons 24×7 within and off the campus. The library is well equipped with many computers for access to the library resources. Library also conducts extension services like book exhibition, orientation programs for new users.
Major Activities of the Section are
- Registration of EBC Readers (Specific Law E-books) Subscribed Legal Database and N-list Data for college students.
- Issue and returns of reading materials (Primarily Books).
- Attending the Users’ query for effective interpretation of library rules and regulations.
- Registration of new Library Members.
- Operation of “Circulation Module” of vriddhi Software.
- Maintenance and updating of all data related to users at Circulation desk.
- Correspondence / No Dues issuing.
- Library Orientations/Information Literacy for newly enrolled students.
- Assisting the users to access OPAC.
- Separate cupboards of Competitive Examination books.
- Book Exhibitions on various occasions..
- Reprographic Services
- Digital Information Centre
- Online College Magazine
- College Faculty & Students Publication
- Institutional Repository
- Earn while Learn facility available for students.
- Organizes various guest lectures series for the law students.
- Library also celebrates important days, like “Vachan Prerana Din”, “Books Exhibition”, “Various Leaders Jayanti Celebration”, “Marathi Rajbhasha Din” etc.
To be a knowledge centre, enhance skill sets and foster research culture.
Vision of the Library
“To be a knowledge hub providing efficient services”
Mission of the Library
To expand the digital library collection.
To increase usage of e-resources.
To promote reading habits of students.
To be a center for e-learning.
Rules for Membership
- All the users need to be members of the library to avail the facility.
- For library membership, students should produce the fee receipt of the current year against which they will be given a library card and borrower card to avail the library book borrowing facility.
- Staff members should fill up the Library borrower register for using the library facility.
- Visiting faculties can have temporary membership of the library.
- The borrower’s card remains valid for the period indicated on it, and the same can be renewed every academic year.
- Users are requested to issue the books from the library as per the rules only.
- Late fine is charged for Late Return of the books.
- Internet and intranet access is limited to academic pursuit only i.e. subscribed and Open sources online database/ e-books/ e-journals/College Website/ Open Source Educational sites and the like.
- The newspapers should be folded properly after reading and kept back in the newspapers rack.
Collaboration with other Libraries
- Jaykar Library, Savitribai Phule Pune University
- Modern Arts, Commerce & Science College, Ganeshkhind Pune
- Modern Arts, Commerce & Science College, Shivaji Nagar, Pune