1. Name of the Cell – Modern Legal Research Center(MLRC)
Legal Research is a continual process of learning, analyzing, and thinking about new possibilities in numerous law subjects. The application of law and legal research focuses on identifying the issues, gaps in the legal sector, government agencies and society. The Modern Legal Research Center has always worked to promote a supportive research environment and provide a forum for the transmission of high-quality legal research.
To establish a center of excellence for legal research and encourage multidisciplinary research, and provide our students facilities to improve intellectual resource.
To conduct and promote the empirical research in all areas of the law with a goal to enhance the legal education and legal profession.
2. Faculty members
Dr. Ananya Bibave, Asst. Prof. Sheetal Keskar, Asst. Prof. Manisha Sagavekar
3. Aims and objectives of MLRC –
- To promote the development of research center and making it a focal point for monitoring the research activities of the college.
- To advance education, research and social outreach.
- To motivate the students and teachers to enhance their research skills.
- To encourage students to develop research habit for the expansion of legal expertise.
- To study the Laws both substantive and procedural in depth in identifying the issues.
- To understand the socio-legal issues and practical aspects of law.
- To conduct the research activities for student in improving the social awareness.
- To promote the students in undertaking the minor research activities sponsored by UGC, Savitribai Phule Pune University and other agencies.
- To associate with the NGOs, other institutions for taking the research activities.
- To respect and appreciate research ethics and discouraging the plagiarism.
- To facilitate the acquisition of the attitudes, skills, and knowledge to function in various research activities.
- To motivate, supervise and guide students to participate in “Avishkar” activity of Savitribai Phule Pune University.
- To organize the seminars, research methodology workshops, lecture series on the contemporary topics for the students.
- To encourage the students, teachers to publish their research.
4. Landmark activities are done under a cell –
- Lecture Series
- Research publications
- Classroom teaching for LL. M.
- Lectures by faculties on guidance for presentation of the papers
- Mentoring for report writing
5. Summary of each activity – The Modern Legal Research Center is responsible for all the research activities including academic, project oriented, publications, etc. Since the academic year 2020-2021, Lecture series was conducted with online zoom platform by inviting various luminaries of the legal field.