ANTI RAGGING COMMITTEE
Ragging is prohibited under the Maharashtra Prohibition of Ragging Act, 1999 and it is also punishable under various provisions of the Indian Penal Code, 1860. The Regulators of higher education like UGC and AICTE have also noted promptly by making the necessary Rules and Regulations to curb the menace of ragging in all the educational institutions.
The College has constituted a Committee as the Anti-Ragging Committee headed by the Head of
the Institution, representatives of Management, faculty and senior students. Objective of formation of this committee is to avoid any form of conflict that could take the ugly form of ragging.
Preventive Measures by College-
- Timely advertising and clearly mentioning that ragging is totally banned in the college and anyone found guilty of ragging or abetting ragging is liable to be punished appropriately.
- The brochures/booklets given to candidates include all printed Regulations in full regarding Ragging.
- The directions of Supreme Court, Central/state govt., regulations, and consequences of Ragging are displayed at conspicuous part of college.
Anti Ragging Committee:
|Dr. Sunita AdhavPrincipal, Modern Law College||Chairman|
|Adv. Dr. Chintamani GhateCo-ordinator, Modern Law College||Member|
|Dr. Mayura BordeTeaching Faculty||Member|
|Asst. Prof. Vikas WaghmareTeaching Faculty||Member|
|Ms. Ankita GuptaStudent||Member|
Functions of Anti-Ragging Committee
- To uphold and comply with the directions of the Hon’ble Supreme Court and be vigilant on any acts amounting to ragging;
- To publicize to all students and prevalent directives and the actions that can be taken against those indulging in ragging;
- To consider the complaints received from the students and conduct enquiry and submit report to the Anti- Ragging Committee along with punishment recommended for the offenders.
- To provide students the information pertaining to contact address and telephone numbers of the person(s) identified to receive complaints/distress calls
- To take all necessary measures for prevention of Ragging inside the Campus/ Hostels.
- Email Us: email@example.com