Report of Family Counseling Cell
Faculty members – Asst. Prof. Prajakta Pimpalshende Asst. Prof. Dhanashree Patil
Aims and Objectives of the cell – Family counseling, or family therapy, aims to address psychological, behavioral, and emotional issues that cause family problems. Family members will work with a therapist or counselor to develop and maintain a healthy relationship.
- To discuss and resolve the problems of stress, anger, depression and family problem of clients.
- Develop and maintain healthy boundaries
- Facilitate cohesion and communication
- Promote problem-solving by a better understanding of family dynamics
- Build empathy and understanding
- Reduce conflict within the family
- Family counseling, or family therapy, is a method to develop and maintain healthy and functional family relationships.
- The goal is to identify and address problems in the family. These issues could be emotional, psychological, or behavioral.
Improve communication, address family conflicts, and create a more effective home setting are the three goals of family therapy. Dealing with dysfunctional family relationships for a long time might cause mental health concerns in each family member. In this context, marriage and family therapy are critical.
1. Family counseling can help you communicate better with your family.
2. It Improves Family Bonding and Relationships.
3. Mental Health Can Be Improved Through Family Therapy
4. It has the potential to keep the entire family together.
Facilities provided by Family Counseling Cell:-
- Modern Law College has appointed Adv. Sandip Mahale Sir Family Court Practitioner for counseling of clients.
- Every Friday Adv. Sandip Mahale sir conducts one to one interaction with clients in college. All the sessions are confidential.
- Regular follow ups are to be taken by Adv. Sandip Mahale Sir.
Facilitate the students: –
- Modern Law College Appoint Volunteers From Heartfulness.
- Yoga and Meditation session conducted by Volunteers of Heartfulness.
Benefits of family counseling
Benefits of counseling vary from family to family, but they can include:
- developing healthy boundaries
- improving communication
- defining someone’s role within the family
- improving family dynamics and relationships
- providing strength and coping tools for family members
- addressing dysfunctional interactions
- improving the family’s problem-solving abilities
Modern Law College has benefited two clients in 2020.
In the Academic year 2021-22 sixteen clients were benefited.