Report of Yoga and Meditation Cell
Faculty members – Asst. Prof. Prajakta Pimpalshende Asst. Prof. Dhanashree Patil
Aims and Objectives of the cell – Aim of yoga is to self-reflect, control the breath, achieve deep relaxation, and grow through meditation, all of this combined will result in better mental, emotional and physical health as we challenge the mind and body through a sequence of yoga asanas.
The Aim of yoga is control over the mind. A man who cannot control his mind will find it difficult to attain divine communication, but the self-controlled man can attain if he tries hard and directs his energy by the right means.
The aim of yoga is integrating the body, mind and thoughts so as work for good ends. . Modern life style leads to diseases, which are mostly due to poor food habits, heavy daily routines turn easily affect the human body.
Objectives of the cell
1) To enable the student to have good health.
2) To practice mental hygiene.
3) To possess emotional stability.
4) To integrate moral values.
The main objectives of the Yogic practices are to make one free from diseases, ignorance, egoism, miseries the affiliations of old age, and fear of death etc.
Meditation can bring about a true personal transformation. As you learn more about yourself, you’ll naturally start discovering more about yourself.
- To experience the benefits of meditation, regular practice is necessary. It takes only a few minutes every day.
- Once imbibed into the daily routine, meditation becomes the best part of your day! Meditation is like a seed.
- Busy people from all backgrounds are grateful to pause and enjoy a refreshing few minutes of meditation each
day. Dive deep into yourself.
Benefits of Yoga and Meditation Cell
- Reducing Stress.
- Adding Confidence.
- Enhancing Concentration.
- Instilling Self-Control.
- Improving Memory.
- Improves Metabolism.
- Managing Time.