Socio-Legal Perspective of Mental Health Issues and Challenges in association with Maharashtra Institute of Mental Health (MIMH)
Maharashtra Institute of Mental Health (MIMH) is a state level, apex government institute, established in 1991 by the Government of Maharashtra. Renowned Psychiatrist and actor Dr. Mohan Agashe was instrumental in the establishment of this institute. This institute is recognized as a ‘Centre of Excellence’ in the field of mental health by the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India. MIMH provides comprehensive and holistic mental health services for the prevention & treatment of mental health disorders and also for the promotion of positive mental health in the society. This Institute runs different courses in Clinical Psychology, Psychiatric Social Work and Psychiatric Nursing affiliated with Maharastra University of Health Sciecnes, Nashik.
About the Webinar
The concept of mental health has secured mammoth credibility in the past few years, with the focus being shifted towards enhanced mental health care professionals and facilities and attention paid towards a sounder mental and emotional health development of the youth and adults. However, the palpitating question persists: how far along has India travelled on this tumultuous journey to achieve the definitive aspiration of securing stable mental health across the country for persons of every age group. Through the means of this webinar, it will be an endeavor to find an answer to this question by delving into the mental healthcare laws in India [The Mental Health Act, 1987 and The Mental Healthcare Act, 2017] coupled with the understanding of international as well as constitutional aspects concerning mental health care laws.
This National Webinar aims towards discussing socio legal aspects of Mental health and issues and challenges related to it.
Objectives of the Webinar:
1) To create awareness amongst students and academia regarding mental health, its relevance and to initiate a dialogue amongst various stakeholders.
2) To discuss the significance and legal issues concerning the significance of Mental Healthcare
3) To suggest policy measures and suggestions to develop strategies for strong implementation of existing legal framework on issues of Mental Health and healthcare.
Themes of the Conference
- Developing positive Mental Health for teaching learning experience.
- Human Rights and International Approach
- Indian Constitution and Right to health
- Mental Healthcare reforms in India
- Mental Healthcare and Assisted Suicide
- Mental Health of Prisoners
- Any other related subject.
The above mentioned themes are only indicative and paper relevant to the main theme of the seminar may be submitted.
Guidelines for Authors
Title- Font size-14, Times New Roman
Content– Size 12, Times New Roman 2000-3000 Words
Citation- SILC Footnoting System
Line Spacing- 1.5
- Last Date of Abstract Submission– 13/03/2022
- Last Date of Paper Submission– 20/03/2022
For more details contact Webinar Coordinators
Charges for paper Publication:
Students of Modern Law College & Maharashtra Institute of Mental Health –Rs. 500/-
Professionals & Others – Rs. 1000/-Link- https://forms.gle/WNnxLvxeHGZPBtFv9
Details for e-Payment
Account Name: Progressive Education Society’s Modern Law College
Bank Name: IDBI Bank
Account No. 062104000055550
IFSC Code: IBKL0000062
MICR Code: 411259003
Registration is compulsory & Free
E-certificates for all registered participants after successfully attending all the sessions and submission of Feedback Forms.